Saturday, January 1, 2011

Prelude

I just noticed that the first day of 2011 is on the last day of the week.

I have been contemplating a posting schedule that will work best for me.  I like the option of scheduling a post to be published and I think that is the way I will go.  Each Saturday a new post will be published.  I will have added bits of my week to the post (hopefully) so that there will be a nice, long recap for everyone to enjoy :)

Since this first post happens at the stroke of midnight, on the first day of the year, I should have some resolutions posted.  I tend to be a positive person; a glass half full kind of girl.  I think I work better with "can do" and "will do" than "can't" or "won't".  I've decided to make goals instead of resolutions.
I came up with the first one on New Year's Eve eve:

1. Eat an apple a day.


It isn't too vague (I will eat healthier) or too restrictive (No more refined sugar) and I think it is easily attainable (as long as I don't forget to buy apples).

That led to number two:

2.  Save money towards a specific goal
     a) a new car
     b) a nice family vacation

I want the vacation, but I really need the new car.  My current car is 20 years old and has recently hit 250,000 miles.  Old Blue won't last forever and I thank her everyday she starts up to get me to work.  Once I've saved for the car, I will save for the vacation.  One is incentive for the other.

3.  Walk 10,000 steps a day.

I've done this before, so I know I can do it again regularly.  I have a nice pedometer and I wear it while I am at work.  I work retail so I move around quite a bit.  Also, I work in an outdoor mall, so the opportunity to walk is there.  In the last week, I have been averaging about 5000 steps a day.  In order to hit 10,000, I need to walk either before or after work and I need to get out on my breaks and lunch and walk.

I think I will stick with those three goals for 2011.  I can always add to this list once these goals have been achieved.

I have high hopes for this project and, most of all, I look forward to seeing this blog a year from now.

Happy New Year!
Lynette

1 comment:

  1. HI! I am looking forward to your next post!! I could not commit to eating an apple a day. Kudos to you. Does a pear-apple count?

    ReplyDelete