Saturday, January 15, 2011

Week Two

Sunday
Nothing too exciting to report.  Cold weather, work and knitting.  I did get to work with one of my favorite people today, Spiky Hair Lady.  V gave her that name about six years ago, and it has stuck.  Thanks for a great day, SPL!

Monday
Mondays are the best day for me to end my week on.  Generally, Mondays are slow retail days and cold weather Mondays at an outdoor mall are especially slow.  It ends up being a nice way to end the week.
JH works most nights.  When he does, Pearl spends the night in bed with me.  She sleeps in our room during the week because she is somewhat of a night owl and V needs her beauty sleep for school.  So anyway, when JH is home, Pearl sleeps up on my set of drawers, but when he is at work, she sleeps in the bed with me.  She really likes to stretch out on the bed.  And it is hard to photograph a black cat, but I'll keep working on it.

Tuesday
Week two of the NailTek II treatment on my nails starts today.  My nails are definitely growing, but I still have just under half of the damaged-used-to-be-under-acrylic nail to grow out.  Any length that I have past the quick is so soft and weak that it just bends under any little pressure.  This causes the polish to chip at the ends, especially after a day at work.  I think if I can load up on the nail treatment on my days off, then my nails might be strong enough to handle the work week with minimal chipping.  That's what I'm going to try this week.  I have other nail treatment options, but I want to give this one at least 6-8 weeks to see how I like it.
V's "Maniac Legwarmers" are finished today!  So now the question is...what do I make next?  I've decided to let the random number generator at random.org decide!  My project queue on Ravelry is about 8 pages long :).  However, the projects that I actually have the yarn for only number to 48.  The first four are projects that have already been started...and put aside for whatever reason.  The other 44 are projects that I have yarn and patterns packaged together just waiting for me.  So the random number generator (thanks V for clicking the button) comes up with number 8, the Icicles Pullover.  It is a crochet project and I look forward to starting it tonight!

Wednesday
JH and I went out to IKEA for a Swedish Meatball lunch and a little shopping.  I ended up getting an ottoman to match my knitting chair.  Now that we have Pearl, she likes to sit on my lap while I knit or crochet.  I love it (I'm such an old lady) but when she falls asleep, she'll stretch out and her head hangs off my lap.  Since I have the ottoman now, I can put my feet up and Pearl can stretch out as far as she wants!
Crocheting the Icicles Pullover is moving right along.  The yarn is a bamboo/wool blend that feels very soft, not at all scratchy and should be warm as well.  I hope to be up to the armhole shaping on the back by the end of this week.

Thursday
Back to work.  It is only January 13, but we are already prepping for Valentine's Day.  By the looks of Target, CVS and Walmart, we are late!  Our customers have been asking for Valentine's candy for about a week now.  It feels like they are trying to rush the year away.
Ugh! My cell phone is suffering.  V tried calling me from home...my phone rang, but when I answered, I could hear nothing on the other end.  When I tried calling her back, my phone didn't even ring on my end.  V could hear me fine, I could text and go online, but couldn't hear a thing.  JH took the phone in to be checked out and luckily it is still under warranty.  Only $10 and MetroPCS will do all the work to get a new phone from Samsung in a few days!  So, Sister T, I'm afraid I won't be able to hear your "daily phone calls to get mentioned on the blog" for a few days.

Friday
Finally some warmer weather!  We made it into the 60s today!  I brought a sweatshirt but didn't even need to use it.  Work was busy, but the day was dreadfully slow.  The holiday weekend brings out a lot of kids that have Monday off.  Teenage girls are so loud when they are in groups (again, I am an old lady).  That's why I only have one!
I get home late on Friday nights.  JH picks me up from work and drops me off at home before going on to work himself.  Tonight, the homestead is quiet and dark.  V is already asleep.  I don't even see Pearl before I get settled in the bedroom.  I leave the bedroom door open, just in case Pearl wants to come in since she usually sleeps  in here with me.  About an hour and a half go by before I even see her.  She comes in, looks at me, picks up her fishing pole toy by the dangling part and walks out.  No "hey, how was your day", just picking up her toys.  I wonder if V could learn a lesson!

Saturday
My hump day.  If I can make it through today, it is downhill from here to the weekend.  Not a bad work day overall.  We celebrated a coworker's birthday today, which meant cupcakes...yum!  V hopped on a bus and came out to see me, that is always a nice treat.  We went to CVS and Safeway after work and parked in a spot right between the two stores.  As we are getting out to go to CVS, a couple come up and ask if we have jumper cables.  Well, I do and if he knows how to use them, then he is welcome to use them!  So after our good deed for the day, it seems that "Kyle" works at Noah's Bagels and if we stop by sometime tomorrow between 10 and 5, he'll hook us up.
Good deals at CVS.  I got stocked up on multivitamins and Biotin (supports metabolism, healthy hair and nails).  I also bought one of those 7-day pill cases.  You the ones with S M T W T F S on each lidded section (because I am an old lady).  I never can remember to take daily pills without an alarm (noon) and all of them in one place.  Hopefully this will help.

Overall, I find it hard to eat an apple on days that I am not at work.  It seems the structure of work helps me eat an apple.  No really long walks this week, but I am still getting in between 4K and 6K steps a day.

See you next week!

1 comment:

  1. I have been mentioned! Whoohoo!! I am sorry we didn't get to chat again but yay for a new phone!! I can't wait to see if you got the bagels. The suspense is killing me!! I'll call you! Heh heh!

    ReplyDelete