Saturday, January 8, 2011

Week One

Sunday
Scheduled overtime at work, although I don't think it was intentional.  V goes back to school tomorrow and I don't think she is looking forward to it.  I am :)

Monday
Everyone should be required to work retail.  I'm just saying.  It would make for a better consumer public.  Thank goodness its Monday.  It feels like its been longer than a 5-day work week.

Tuesday
I'm knitting purple legwarmers for V, by request.  I got one of them finished and she tried it on.  She tried it on along with a pink sweatband, cut-up green sweatshirt and black-and-white booty shorts.  She then proceeded to do the dance from "Flashdance" (80's movie).  You know the one, in the studio, with the song "Maniac".  That's my girl!  
I've started using NailTek II to get my nails back into shape.  I wore gel acrylics for about 9 months of 2010.  I enjoyed them, but decided around Thanksgiving that I didn't want to spend money that way.  I read about NailTek II and found it cheap at Marshalls. I use it as a base coat and top coat, then reapply a top coat every day.  The color I have on this week is China Glaze Shower Together.  I don't get the name, but it is a nice dark teal cream.

Wednesday
Forget expensive cat toys.  Pearl is easily entertained by the plastic ring from the gallon milk jug (I almost capitalized "milk" because it is that important in our house).  Chores are done.  Knitting continues.  I wanted to bake something today but I'm not feeling inspired.  JH and I had a nice date day.  Not date night, because it was lunch and a little shopping.  The food was a little crappy, but we had a free appetizer coupon and the meal was paid for by a gift card that was a gift, so it was a nice date day.

Thursday
And so begins my work week.  Actually, it turns out that Shower Together is the same color as a Papermate blue ink pen.  Thanks to the customer that pointed that out to me.  Note to self: don't wear nail polish the same color as the pens at work.

Friday
V is taking her first trip to the mall on the bus by herself today.  Actually she's with friends, but without adult supervision.  All went well, she made it home to call me (from the home phone, as proof that she made it) by 9:15pm.
JH works tonight, so Pearl deemed me worthy of some snuggling.  Lots of purring, snuggling, kitty kisses...quickly followed by claws and teeth!...then more purring, snuggling, kitty kisses...claws and teeth!  We all have proof of Pearl's love: my legs, V's arms, JH's hands.

Saturday
Nothing exciting to report.  Work, breakfast for dinner, changed out ink pen nails.  I'm tired of the Bay Area having freaking 40 degree weather.  If I wanted this, I would have stayed in Missouri.  It looks like it will start to get better around the time of my days off, but that's when its supposed to start raining.  Great.

Overall, lots of walking and knitting and I only forgot about the apple on Wednesday.  Braeburns are nice, but now I'm on Galas.

I'd like to give a shout out to my two followers...my sisters.  Love you guys, you are the greatest.

Until next week
xoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Sounds like a good week!! I'm excited to see photos of this Eighties look V is sporting! :) I love you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for shoutouts (my autocorrect wanted to change it to shootings!)!! That nail polish sounds cute. I like the updates on your daily goings on. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete